St. Mary’s Basketball Club
Founded in the late 1950’s St. Mary’s basketball club is one of the largest in the country. The club competes in competitions at all grades and has won juvenile and senior titles locally and at national and international level as well as having the honour of being named club of the year by Basketball Ireland, the national governing body in 2009.
St. Mary’s is best known for its annual five day blitz which has been running since 1970 and caters for over 1700 players of all ages. The overall success of the club can be judged from the numbers of players who have represented Kerry, Munster and Ireland over the years.